Interested in posting an open position with your firm?
To list a job opening at your firm, complete this form. Job listings will run for 60 days. Job postings cost $50 unless you are a Firm Annual Sponsor. To learn more about being an annual sponsor, click here.
Find the next opportunity to jump start your career at the AIA Career Center.
Below are openings at firms within the region.
Associate Architect | Richmond
510 is growing!
We are seeking to hire a full-time entry level associate architect.
510 Architects is an award-winning architecture / interior design firm located in the Scott’s Addition area of Richmond VA. Our firm consists of passionate professionals who excel working in a highly collaborative environment. Our project types are large scale adaptive re-use projects, multi-family dwelling, and hospitality / entertainment. We offer a work environment that promotes work / life balance.
Looking for someone with 0-3 years of experience. Prior experience working on construction documents, in Sketch-up, and Revit is a plus.
If interested, please email email@example.com
Designers and Architects (all levels) | Richmond
DNA workshop www.dna-workshop.com is seeking designers and architects at all levels. DNA Workshop is a published and award-winning firm specializing in multi-family housing, historic adaptive re-use, hospitality, and retail projects. We are licensed in 27 states from Florida to Washington. DNA is in a growth mode with tremendous opportunity for growth. Our original office is in Baton Rouge, LA, and Richmond will be our second office with more to come in the next 12 months. This position is full time and offers a higher than market salary and benefits package that includes health insurance and 401k plan with company match. Preferred candidates would have the following skills:
- Architectural degree from accredited college/university
- 2-15 years of professional architectural experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in multi-family and/or historic renovation projects a plus
- Experience with Revit and Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required.
- Good work ethic, good attitude, and good sense of humor are required.
Please send cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Austin Brockenbrough & Associates | Richmond
Austin Brockenbrough & Associates, LLC is a multi-discipline consulting engineering and architecture firm that provides civil, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering; architecture; surveying; and subsurface utility designation to a wide variety of public and private clients. While our work is global, our office is located in Richmond, VA. Brockenbrough is recognized as an industry leader because of our belief that there is no substitute for a continued commitment to excellence and innovation. Quality, integrity, and value are words that have become synonymous with the service that Brockenbrough has brought to its clients since 1955. We are fortunate to say that many of our current clients have been with us since firm inception. We genuinely believe in providing the highest possible ethics and standards of service; it is what our firm was built on.
We are currently seeking an Architect who is self-motivated and ready to contribute to the future success of Brockenbrough. Our team is growing, and we would love a candidate who will grow with us and become an integral part of our team! If you feel the below description is a good fit with your skills and personality, please forward your resume to email@example.com
This position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of design projects. The projects can be anything from a state or local park to a higher education facility or even a military facility located anywhere in the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Producing Construction Documents including drawings and specifications in AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Computer modeling / rendering.
- Assisting architects and engineers with field investigations and other tasks. Taking field measurements and notes to document existing facilities.
- Determining the client’s needs and producing solutions which are within their scope and budget.
- Performing construction phase services such as submittal review and approval, responding to contractor requests for information (RFIs), conducting site observation visits, etc.
- Performing site assessments and developing detailed reports with recommendations and cost estimates.
- Preparing accurate, well-organized, and detailed CAD drawings from field measurements and notes.
- Meeting project budgets, schedules, and performance criteria in a fast-paced environment.
- Depending upon the candidate’s experience, some project management may be included initially. We would envisage the candidate growing into the role of managing architectural projects.
- Possessing an outgoing and positive attitude and taking personal pride in producing high quality and on-time designs for our clients.
- Traveling, including some overseas to friendly countries, may be required.
- Degree in Architecture from a NAAB-accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working under the supervision of a licensed Architect
- Licensed Architect, or near licensure
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD; Revit experience is a plus.
- Typical project experience should include designing new and renovated government and commercial facilities.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and personal computer skills.
- An interest and ability to grow professionally with our business while working under the supervision of licensed architects is critical.
- A current passport or the ability to obtain a passport is required. A portion of this work will be for the U.S. Department of Defense on U.S. installations; therefore, U.S. citizenship is required.
Why people join Brockenbrough?
Professional Development. Your professional development is our priority. You will work with colleagues to prepare a development plan that is aligned with your individual goals and objectives. We will work with you to make sure you are given opportunities for development in accordance with your personal development plan.
Worthwhile Work. Your work matters. Brockenbrough designs hundreds of projects that enhance our community. Our projects include public buildings, utilities, parks, and critical infrastructure to secure our national defense.
Great Teammates. You’re part of a fantastic team. Together we work hard and play hard. Our work environment is extremely collaborative, and we understand that every role is critical to our success. We also take time to plan fun activities together both in and out of work.
Brockenbrough offers an excellent opportunity to work in a professional environment with competitive salaries, flexible working hours, overtime pay, generous personal leave policy, 401(k) plan with company matching and profit sharing, health / dental / life / disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
Brockenbrough is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Brockenbrough will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.