Interested in posting an open position with your firm?
To list a job opening at your firm, complete this form. Job listings will run for 60 days. Job postings cost $50 unless you are a Firm Annual Sponsor. To learn more about being an annual sponsor, click here.
Find the next opportunity to jump-start your career at the AIA Career Center.
Below are openings at firms within the region.
PSH+ | Richmond/Hybrid
PSH+ is a relatively small but growing Architectural & Interior Design firm based in Richmond, VA. The clients we serve include a sustained book of work for a variety of healthcare groups, ranging in scale from health systems to sole practitioners.
Our experienced team enjoys a family friendly work environment, company supported career growth and excellent compensation and benefit packages. We offer project opportunities comparable to larger firms but with a small office culture.
We need to expand our talented healthcare studio to maintain our high level of client service. We’re looking for Architects or Interior Designers with significant healthcare design and project management experience. These are full-time positions with competitive compensation, benefits, and the flexibility for some remote work.
• Expertise in healthcare planning, architecture and/or interior design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Licensed professionals or candidates on that track preferred
• Proficiency in Revit and other related design and business software
Director of Architecture
Raymond | Richmond
Director of Architecture Qualifications:
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from a 5-year accredited program.
• Licensure as an Architect in a NCARB reciprocal jurisdiction
• Minimum twenty (20) years of registered experience in the practice of architecture
• Minimum eight (8) years of registered experience managing architecture project teams
• Thorough understanding of AutoCad, Revit-BIM 360, Bluebeam, Project Management software, rendering software
• Strong people management, communication, and business development skills
• Technical knowledge of design and construction
• Excellent communication skills with clients, Architecture teams, consultants, and upper management
• Excellent leadership skills with clients, Architecture teams, consultants and upper management
• Tenacity and drive for growing the company and business
• Successful passing of pre-employment background check and drug screening required
• Valid drivers license
• Manages senior architects, junior architects, interns and architecture project teams daily
• Senior mentorship and support to Architecture Discipline staff
• Assist in preparing fee proposals and contracts with owners and consultants
• Conduct quarterly reviews and annual evaluations to improve staff performance and skills
• Responsible for structure, project budget reports, review of monthly project revenue projections &
Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life, Company Paid Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401k with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Referral Bonus Program, and Relocation Assistance.
Raymond is an SBA certified 8(a), a DoD and DoVA Service-Disabled company
DNA Workshop | Richmond
DNA Workshop is looking for an experienced project architect to join our team at our Richmond, Virginia office. Candidates must be self-motivated team players with excellent design and presentation skills, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
Ideal candidates should have:
-Architectural degree from accredited college/university
-3-15 years professional architectural experience
-Experience in multi-family and/or historic renovation projects a plus
-Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
-Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills
-Professional licensure and LEED® certification or demonstrated path towards completion.
-Proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
-Good attitude and good sense of humor required.
We offer a great team environment with lots of room for growth, plus:
-Competitive, Higher-than-market salary
-Medical, Dental, & Vision
-401K and Employer Match
-Paid Holidays and PTO
-Paid maternity/paternity leave
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, join a team with massive growth potential, and be part of our Richmond team, apply today:
Project Architect / Project Manager with 8+ Years of Experience
HBA Architecture & Interior Design, Inc.
HBA is celebrating our 50th anniversary and looking to grow!
We are looking for a Project Architect/ Project Manager with the following skills and experience:
• Licensed Architect with 8+ years of project management experience
• Experience with Revit, and AutoCAD
• Experience with additional Design Software like Sketch-Up a plus
• Experience in all aspects of a project’s development from design to construction
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Conceptual design and graphic strengths a plus
• Third party Sustainability experience (or USGBC LEED accreditation) a plus
HBA is a growing Architecture and Interior Design Firm that:
• Approaches design in a studio environment, emphasizing teamwork and collaboration
• Encourages full-term project involvement by its Architects and Design Teams
• Places great importance on mentoring at all levels
• Is young, vibrant, and has a diverse award-winning practice
• Is expanding and looking for individuals to grow into leadership positions
HBA is interested in growing both its Virginia Beach and Richmond, Virginia Offices. Location for this position is open to candidate responses.
Qualified candidates please send resumes and digital portfolios to
HBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, maintains a Drug-Free Workplace, and does not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or low-income.
Assoc. Planning & Design Specialist/ Planning & Design Specialist / Sr Planning & Design Specialist
Dominion Energy is looking to hire a Planning & Design Specialist to support the Facilities Management Team.
Working with Dominion Facilities Project Managers, develops virtual designs for pre-construction, renovation, office space size, and furniture layout. Seeks out and resolves issues through close interaction and collaboration with other project team members. Maintains a database of as builts for designs of all company facilities. In a team environment, develops and coordinates designs, collaborates with design professionals, co-create models, and performs quality assurance and quality control checks on drawings. Develops photorealistic renderings and walk-throughs from building models. Utilizes CAD systems and performs other tasks relating to planning and design.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Associate Planning & Design Specialist:
0-2 years’ experience in facilities design or related field.
Planning & Design Specialist:
2-3+ years of building or design industry experience. Work experience with CAD required.
Senior Planning & Design Specialist:
10+ years building or design industry experience, including CAD experience. In-depth knowledge of major manufacturers’ office furniture specifications and applications.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelors.
Please apply to the following link: